Areas of Support
- Life transitions and adjustment
- Relationship concerns
- Parenting struggles
- Chronic illness
- Exploring family of origin
- Dealing with trauma
- Managing stress
- Identity exploration
- Working with teenagers
- Experience serving LGBT individuals and families
- Grief and loss
One of my passions is supporting women through the emotional challenges of motherhood.
- Fertility struggles
- Overwhelming emotions during pregnancy
- Recovering from a traumatic birth experience
- NICU experiences and prematurity
- Adjusting to life with a new baby
- Postpartum depression and anxiety
- Miscarriage, or infant loss
I use a combination of approaches depending on the needs of my clients. However, I primarily draw from psychodynamic theory, client-centered therapy, mindfulness, and cognitive behavioral therapy. If my clients have any questions about treatment modalities, I welcome this discussion in sessions.
Sessions are typically 45-50 minutes long. During the first session, I spend a lot of time gathering information to get an understanding of my clients and the situation. It is typical that in subsequent sessions the flow is more organic and driven by client need.